Radiant In-floor (under floor heating) is a form of central heating which achieves indoor climate control primarily through thermal conduction and thermal radiation, rather than convection. Heat is concentrated in the floor by embedded tubing in a concrete foundation, a thin concrete mixture on top of a wood-framed floor or an under floor installation. Heated water flows through tubing, warming the thermal mass of concrete or wood. This heat in the floor will gently warm a room or a complete structure and will provide consistent heating levels and superior comfort without wasting energy and money in monthly fuel bills. Radiant In-floor is compatible with oil-fired boilers, gas-fired boilers, wood stoves, heat pumps and solar collectors.
Radiant is compatible under any type of floor covering — carpet, wood, slate, tile, linoleum, and even concrete — making design possibilities endless. Additionally, a radiant heating system works in zones, allowing different areas of a home to heat at different temperatures. Rabe Hardware has nearly 2 decades of experience designing and installing Radiant In-floor. We are committed to bringing you a superior level of comfort and service with our strong dedication to our 3 Point Promise. For more information, contact your home comfort headquarters – Rabe Hardware!
Radiant In-floor Benefits
- Concentrates heat evenly near the floor, reducing cold spots.
- Eliminates cold drafts as well as noisy fans, furnaces and ductwork.
- Reduces dirt, dust or other airborne pollutants from circulating through the air.
- Concealed under the floor for a more aesthetically pleasing environment.
- Easily integrates with alternative energy sources, including geothermal, solar, waste and biomass.
- Potentially saves up to 40% in energy costs.
- Can be used to melt snow and ice off sidewalks and driveways.