Geothermal heating and cooling systems are quickly becoming the #1 choice for homeowners and businesses everywhere because the many benefits these high efficiency systems provide. Thousands of Geothermal purchasers have chosen to enjoy the following
advantages of geothermal over a conventional furnace and air conditioning system.
1. Lower Operating Cost: The most efficient gas furnace has an efficiency rating of 98%. Geothermal delivers a 400% efficiency rating. That means for every 4 units of energy that are delivered, 1 unit of electrical energy is consumed.
Geothermal systems transfer heat versus burning fuel to create it. This efficient use of energy transfer results in significantly lower operating costs.
2. Quiet Operation: Geothermal heat pumps are very quiet and can be compared to that of a refrigerator. Heat pumps also tend to be more reliable since there is no outdoor unit, resulting in less wear and tear from outdoor weather conditions.
3. Clean and Safe: The EPA and the U.S. Department of Energy recognize geothermal systems as the most environmentally friendly way to heat and cool. Unlike other comfort systems, geothermal does not emit carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide,
or other greenhouse gasses which contribute to air quality pollution. There is no combustion in a geothermal heat pump; therefore there is no chance of carbon-monoxide poisoning. By adding high efficiency air cleaners with geothermal, a high indoor
air quality level can be reached.
5. Longer Lifespan: Geothermal systems typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years rather than a 7-10 year lifespan on a conventional furnace and air conditioning system. The ground loop of the geothermal system (the pipes buried in your
yard) is made up of polyethylene pipe, the same pipe which is used in city gas lines, and they have a lifespan up to 50 years.
6. Highest Return on Investment: Geothermal is an investment. For many retrofit applications and especially new construction the energy savings will more than offset the cost of installation. On average, Geothermal heat pump users will
see a 30%-70% reduction in their heating and cooling costs. That savings, over a period of time, plus utility rebates combined with Federal and State* tax incentives can produce a return on investment in as little as 3 years. Recent studies have
also shown an increase in home values for those with Geothermal systems due to the environmental impact and long-term savings.
* Tax incentives vary by state. For specific state incentives, review the Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency online at: http://dsireusa.org
A Geothermal Revolution is the Best Solution and other resources!